Re: Performance testing Scripting tool?

From: <tlp_at_redrockgrp.com>
Date: 1998/03/11

Kirt Thomas wrote:

> We're getting ready to do some perf testing and would like to simulate
> having 50-100 users attached to the db all doing order entry. Now while
> we could have actual people do this :) I'd prefer to use some kind of
> scripting program to automate this process so that I and a few stalwarts
> can start the scripts, and away it goes. Sooooo, have any of you done
> this sort of thing, and if so what kind of software did you use to do it?
> Thanks. (BTW we're using Oracle Applications 10.7, GL, OE, PO, AP, WIP
> and some others).

> NoWonderNoWonderNoWonderNoWonderNoWonderNoWonderNoWonder
> o "1`2`1 Technical Support 4 Free via
> n 24 hour Email and Message boards
> d http://www.nowonder.com
> e kirtt_at_nowonder.com evangelist_at_nowonder.com
> r kirtt_at_macsrule.com

	I've been involved with projects where Mercury Interactive was
	used.  It can definately tackle the issues you mentioned plus
	more... But if you're going to use a sophisticated tool like
	this, be prepared to invest the time and effort involved...
	I've seen more than one client go into shock ;-)

	Tracy