Re: Counting # of default values in a table

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1998/03/11

A copy of this was sent to umpaul18_at_cc.umanitoba.ca (if that email address didn't require changing) On Tue, 10 Mar 1998 23:32:13 -0600, you wrote:

>G'day!
>
>I need a way to get a count of the number of default values in a column. I
>found the default value in the COLS table, but it's declared as a LONG so
>it can't be used in a WHERE clause. Does anyone have any ideas (PL or SQL)
>on how to acomplish this?

Instead of counting NON-NULL DEFAULT columns, count NON-NULL Default_length columns....

>None of our data is declared as a LONG, it's all smaller datatypes. I need
>this to work given any column in any table. It's part of an analysis proc
>I've written in PL.
>

>Stay Casual,
>
>Ken

>http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Wed Mar 11 1998 - 00:00:00 CST