Re: sql*forms question

From: Gitte Tøgersen <danskdata_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1998/03/10

Martin Meadows skrev i meddelelsen <3504861A.4669_at_indy.net>...
>I found the following text in the top of a *.inp file that appears to
>have something to do with sql*forms, of which I know nothing about.
>My question: was this stuff "generated" automatically when someone
>designed a form with some sql tool? Or did someone write all this stuff
>by hand? It's about 2000 lines! I pasted 10 or 20 lines here so you can
>see what I'm referring to.
>
>/* Copyright (c) 1988 by the Oracle Corporation */
>
>SQL*FORMS_VERSION = 03.00.16.12.07
>TERSE = ON
>
>DEFINE FORM
>
> NAME = pay_trans
> TITLE = PAYROLL_DETAIL
> DEFAULT_MENU_APPLICATION = DEFAULT
> VALIDATION_UNIT = FIELD
>
> DEFINE PROCEDURE
>
> NAME = sub_hrs_gross
> DEFINITION = <<<
> procedure sub_hrs_gross is
> begin
> select sum(nvl(ptd_reg_hrs,0)),
> sum(nvl(ptd_otm_hrs,0)),
>

>Thanks for your assistance,
>Martin Meadows

Hi Martin !

The above, and all *.inp files are the source of the SQL*FORMS. The compiled forms are called *.frm.

In the ex. that You have here, the form is titled PAYROLL_DETAIL, and it is the programmer who entered the title. (Huumm, I wonder what the form is about !!!!!).
Procedures, are code written by the programmer, and are often a calculation, a select , or what ever, that are used in that way, that you can call the same code from several places in the form.

Some of what you see at the above, are written by SQL*FORMS, and some are written by the programmer.

Hope that this gives You a more specific understanding of SQL*FORMS.

Gitte Tøgersen
Denmark
Email: danskdata_at_hotmail.com Received on Tue Mar 10 1998 - 00:00:00 CST