Re: newbie sql*forms question

From: <paul.hennebry_at_bzw.com>
Date: 1998/03/10

> iap30 /usr/joe/joes_form.inp
> Unfortunately, when the shell script hits this line it kicks out the
> following message:
> FRM-40011: Form was created by an old version of SQL*Forms(Generate).

Martin

An 'inp' file is the code produced by SQL*FORMS designer. The '.inp' code is used to generate a '.frm' which is used by the runform command(iap30) to er, Run the Form.

The script is trying to 'run' the source code rather than the forms executable.

I think you need to generate a new version of joes_form.frm, or find the original one.

If joes_form.frm does not exist, you need to generate it. The command is
iag30 joes_form username/password.

A tip for you...

BEFORE you execute the iag30 command, change directory to where you want the .frm file to be generated
It is also useful to
create an empty file called joes_form.frm first. This empty file will be overwritten by the result of the iag30 command.

If you
dont create an empty file, you may find that the