Re: SQL Server vs Oracle Replication

From: <lopezd_at_sni13.viacom.com>
Date: 1998/03/10

I too am new to oracle and i must say it is much different from sybase/ms. i agree with a previous poster who had concerns about nt on rs/6000. on this platform i would use sybase or oracle.

i prefer sybase because i am a sybase dba. also sybase is much closer to 6.5 ( which you know ) which should make performance and tuning easier.

in addition sybase has a robust replication architecture.

dave