Re: Table reading utility?

From: Nuno Guerreiro <nuno-v-guerreiro_at_telecom.pt>
Date: 1998/03/09

On Mon, 09 Mar 1998 00:33:42 -0800, James Ching <siuc_at_earthlink.net> wrote:

>Sorry for this newbie question. I'm using SQL*Plus for unix.
>I wonder if there is a utility to show records in a table better.
>Currently if a table contains more attrs than a screen can display,
>sqlplus
>breaks one record into multiple lines, which is extremely unreadable.
>
>I wonder if there is any environment variable I can set, or a totally
>different utility I can use to display records better.
>Say, instead of ,

There are several variables you can set in SQL*Plus, which control the way output is presented.

Try changing the variable LINESIZE. For example, issue the command:

SET LINESIZE 100 If you assign the LINESIZE variable a value greater than screen buffer, your output will be truncated.

Read your SQL*Plus documentation. You'll find many other useful ways of controlling output, including advanced reporting features, like breaking column values, wrapping text, calculating totals, etc.

Good Luck!

Nuno Guerreiro Received on Mon Mar 09 1998 - 00:00:00 CST