Building DBD-Oracld on AIX using gcc

From: Wolfram Schmidt <wschmidt_at_ikos2.iao.fhg.de>
Date: 1998/03/09

Dear all,

I've got a little problem.

On a customer's AIX 4.2 system I (only having Solaris experience) try to compile DBD-Oracle-0.4.7 but it fails when linking Oracle.so because of undefined symbols. This is with Oracle 8.0.3.

what I did:

There is some note that one has to use xlc_r. Can it be done with gcc?

Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong? Or outline the procedure to do it correctly? Or point me to precompiled packages that actually work?

Best Regards

Wolfram Schmidt

--
Email: Wolfram.Schmidt_at_iao.fhg.de