Does Oracle lock (pins) RAM ?

From: Joe Babaloo <jsuriol_at_dsams.com>
Date: 1998/03/07

My DBA doesn't know and Oracle says they don't use plock(), however installation of 7.3.3.4
requires MLOCK privilege for dba group (HP-UX) This must mean that Oracle pins code or data in
physical memory for shared or regular memory, and if so my question is how much? Is there a way to figure out RAM requirements for Oracle. If it uses only virtual memory, RAM needs will depend on system load (TPM), but if it pins memory it's another matter.

Thank you Received on Sat Mar 07 1998 - 00:00:00 CST