Commercial Product for Application Repository?

From: Alan Bayer <alan.bayer_at_lmco.com>
Date: 1998/03/07

Hi. Does anyone know of a commercial product that uses an Oracle database, that tracks information about applications installed at a company? We want to track info on our applications, and instead of building a new application to do this, we want to see if a commercial product already exists that can do this. We would input the information into the database, it would not go out and search for the data.

 This system should provide the capability to sort and select data by fields such as compnay division, support manager, database used, programming language, operating system, business function, number of interfaces, number of users, etc. This way users can get, for example, a list of all the Accounts Payable applications, or all the applications that use Oracle as the database. The reporing interface should be web-based.

 Have you heard of any products like this? Any ideas? Thank you in advance. Alan Bayer (alan.bayer_at_lmco.com) Received on Sat Mar 07 1998 - 00:00:00 CST