Re: Linux is booming at 300 million installations!!

From: Dana J. Laude <acsoshwi_at_execpc.com>
Date: 1998/03/06

Svetlana Harris wrote:

> After reading this (and other Linux) newsgroups, I wonder if it is the
> install or the OS that is really "booming" (i.e. blowing up) ;-)
>
> I'm gonna buy some brown rice to burn in front of my computer BEFORE I
> try my next Linux install. . . .

Here's a little tip on any os installation. Make sure your computer system is as
compatible as possible. I've run OS/2, Xenix, DOS and Winn 3.x on my previous computer. My current system runs Win 3.x, 95, NT, Linux and Solaris fine. Why?
I dug and researched compatible hardware, thus I have a good stable system.

The latest and greatest hardware is what I call: "The latest and untested."
Buy a leading edge Pentium II with all the cool stuff? I can almost guarantee
that you won't have even ONE IRQ free. DVD, 2 IRQ video cards, etc.

My next purchase will more than likely be a Alpha based system from Microway.

Dana Received on Fri Mar 06 1998 - 00:00:00 CST