Deleting Archive Log Files from NT server

From: <rduff_at_premos.com>
Date: 1998/03/05

Greeting:

Since I'm a new DBA and I'm not experienced in Windows NT I decided to ask the Oracle Experts this question.

I currently have a Oracle 7.3.4. database that is running is Archive Log mode and is generating the log files on G drive in the ARCH directory. I would like to keep only the Archive logs files that are a week old (Would like to keep 5 working days of Archieve Logs for Database recovery at all times)

I'm assuming there are certain steps in deleting certain Archive Log files automatically on the server after a backup is done as an example. (Using a batch file)

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction on how I can accomplish this.

P.S. Thanks to the good people out there who replied to my last post to this group.

Thanks

Russ
RDUFF_at_PREMOS.COM -----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading Received on Thu Mar 05 1998 - 00:00:00 CST