Performance Estimation using Spatial Data Option

From: Volker Edelmann <ved_at_cww.de>
Date: 1998/03/05

We are planning to implement a simple GIS-system using Oracle's Spatial Data Option. Our data consists of a 2 dimensional point distribution in space with some attributes, probably storable in one partitioned table. There will be an estimated number of about 17 million points in the table.
The problem is to extract a small 2d-rectangle (containing about 1000 points) out of all points in less than 300 milliseconds. We don't have any experience with the SD-package and no idea, if this performance may be reached.
If you are experienced in this field, please give me your opinion. It would be nice if you could give a brief overview of the tsks you used the SD-package for. Received on Thu Mar 05 1998 - 00:00:00 CST