Fixing exception records when enabling constraints

From: Neal Nachtigall <Neal.Nachtigall_at_lodgenet.com>
Date: 1998/03/05

Need some clarification on direct load and enabling constraints:

Documentation for direct load states that not null, unique and primary key constraints remain in force but it also states that the only one that is checked at insertion time is not null while the others are not applied until the end of the load when the indexes are rebuilt. At that time (and this is where the clarification part comes in) if records violate the unique constraint any entry is written to the exception table (if it exists) and the constraint will not be enabled.

So my question is: how do you eliminate the non-unique violators that are reported?

I am assuming that you can create a SQL statement that deletes the record from the table based on the row id, or even have a trigger on the exception table that does it, but does anyone have a script or example of doing this.  It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

--
No wonder nobody comes here--it's too crowded. -Yogi Berra

Neal L. Nachtigall
Neal.Nachtigall_at_lodgenet.com