Re: Please help: Oracle 7.1 JDBC connections : portmaper error/general connectivity errors

From: Allan Gould <allang_at_sco.com_no_spam>
Date: 1998/03/05

The source of your problem is that you indeed have not installed the host component of SQL-Retriever. You need a server module on your Unix machine (in your case HP/Oracle?). We don't force you to do this when you download our JDBC driver, but it is stated in the download WWW pages.

See http://www.sco.com/vision/products/jdbc/pages/jdwnsqlr.htm for more info

--
You could try our ODBC driver: SCO SQL-Retriever.  Take a look at
http://www.sco.com/vision/products/sqlretriever/ for more information

Allan Gould
(allang at sco dot com)
(Please remove anti-spam measures if replying)