Re: Help Needed, Please !!!

From: David Rose <david_at_no-spam.thanx.com>
Date: 1998/03/05

On Sun, 01 Mar 1998 16:06:47 +0200, Yacov Wolfowicz <yacovw_at_ecitele.com> wrote:

>This is very embarrassing but connecting to an Oracle db ( ver. 7.3.3.0.0 ) from
>a program fails. I receive run - time errors ( actually warnings ) that some
>dll's are relocated ( sql0_73.dll is only one ).
>When connecting to the db through SQL Plus or ODBC Test ( Oracle application
>which tests the connection through ODBC driver ) everything is just fine - which
>leads me to believe the driver and network connection is all right.
>Further more, the very same code connecting to a SQL Server 6.5 works excellent
>either - which leads me to believe that the code is good.
>The code is very simple :
>.
>CDatabase db;
>db.OpenEx("DSN=dnsname;UID=username;PWD=pwd");
>
>Can it be a bug in that particular Oracle Version? Or maybe NT?
>I am running VC++ 4.2 on Window NT 4.0 ( Hebrew enabled ). The Server is NT4.0
>also.
>Any help will be most appreciated

I seem to remember I once had to add another item, SRVR=servername; into the connect-string to get it to work properly. In our case, the server name was the same as the datasource name.

The context was different, and I can't remember what the error message was, but the procedure had worked previously - there may have been a minor upgrade installed which noone told me about!

It may be worth a try!

/David Received on Thu Mar 05 1998 - 00:00:00 CST