Re: Stored procedure name

From: Andrew Barnett <nobody_at_nospam.bp.com>
Date: 1998/03/04

use dbms_utility.format_call_stack to get the current call stack. looks like below:

lines are terminated with chr(10). write yourself a procedure to extract the info that you want. I have a general error-handling package that uses this to extract the name of the module that fell over. one limitation is that when you execute packaged procedures, only the package name shows, not the procedure name. still, you do get a line number which you could use to get the procedure name from user_source, and it's heaps easier than trying to manually maintain a call stack yourself.

for some reason, triggers show up twice for each call in 7.3 - I don't know why.

--
Andrew - Wizzard

barnetaj_at_bp.com

Timothy McKeon <tim.mckeon_at_mci.com> wrote in article
<34FD8FF8.EEE66627_at_mci.com>...