Pl/SQL using procedure builder, How do you test call procedures?

From: fvali <fvali_at_biotrack.com>
Date: 1998/03/03

Heya,

    Do any of you know how i would be able to test a procedure call that requires some OUT variables?
So for example:

Within a package i have the following procedure defined:

procedure get_user_info( user_num IN Number, user_name OUT varchar2,

        user_address OUT varchar2 );

Now from my PL/SQL prompt I would like to call this procedure. If the procedure's parameters are all IN variables i ahve no problem in calling it, but when they are OUT variables the environment won;t let me.

Is there anyway i can declare global/bind variables as such:

	.create varchar2 g_name;
	.create varchar2 g_address;
then
	get_user_info( 2, g_name, g_address );

which would then store the info in the two bind variables?

Also then how would i examine the data in those variables?

I tried the above tactic, and i got the error that g_name and g_address are not in scope, so I was hoping I did something wrong... Any help will be greatly appreciated.
-gracias
-fais

--

Biometric Applications & Technology
Faisal Vali - Software Engineer (B.A.T man) Received on Tue Mar 03 1998 - 00:00:00 CST