formatting pblm-dashes in phone data

From: Joanne James <jjames_at_crystalconsulting.com>
Date: 1998/03/03

Hello. I've discovered that if dashes are stored along with the numbers for a telephone field, it causes problems for data entry on a form for that field. The format mask seems to be designed to work with data that does not store formatting chars along with it. For example, I have not been able to figure out how to make sure that when a user is entering a new phone number, they add dashes as well. I don't want to use the format mask since it doesn't include the dashes. Any ideas? The Oracle table is getting populated from a foxpro database which stores its phone numbers along with the dashes, so that's what I have to work with... Received on Tue Mar 03 1998 - 00:00:00 CST