Re: Problems with Select Max on Date Field

From: Tad Davis <davist_at_isc.upenn.edu>
Date: 1998/03/02

John Gibson wrote:

> effective_date is a DATE field in the table, d_eff_date is a DATE field
> defined in my code based on input from the user.

Two guesses: (1) Qualify effective_date in the subquery (i.e. give primary_accounts an alias, p2, and refer to effective_date as p2.effective_date. (2) You're comparing effective_date to a date field concatenated to a character string. Oracle is expecting to find character data in the d_eff_date column in order to do the concatenation.

--
Tad Davis                  Lead Programmer Analyst
davist_at_isc.upenn.edu       Information Systems and Computing