Re: help with oracle+oraperl+web

From: Anatolii Belomestnov <abelomestnov_at_snet.net>
Date: 1998/02/28

AT,

the reason for that message is absence of environment variable called ORACLE_HOME in the environment of the user ID that executes the toto.pl script through the webserver. Make sure that userid's .profile or .cshrc files contain proper environment setup as the ORACLE user_id.

Depending on the webserver it may be a fact that it does not execute .profile or .cshrc when starts a process under that userid. In this case you have to find a way of setting the ORACLE_HOME right from the toto.pl, you gonna have to refer to Perl documentation about this trick.

Anatolii

Association Vietnamiens de Poly wrote:

> Hi,
> I programming Oraperl to interface with oracle database. My program work
> well in xterm windows when I type "perl toto.pl" and the output display on
> the screen. But when I exucute toto.pl from the web (netscape browser),
> they procude an error (not set oracle home ...)
> Any help are very appreciate.
> Also if you know where I can find oraperl FAQ, please let me know.
>
> Thank
>
> AT

Anatolii Belomestnov <anatolii.belomestnov_at_gecapital.com>