Re: Storing HTML pages in Oracle

From: Anatolii Belomestnov <abelomestnov_at_snet.net>
Date: 1998/02/28

Robin,

A good option is using Perl5 with DBI,DBD::Oracle installed. you can easily pull your HTML out of the Oracle Tables and put them into files. Refer to perl.org for Perl info.

Oh, by the way you can also use FILE_UTIL package on Oracle to create files. That way could be just perfect too.

Anatolii

Robin Reese wrote:

> I'm storing HTML pages in Oracle, 1 row = 1 line in an HTML file. I'm
> creating the table using stored procedures.
>
> My problem is how to extract the pages from Oracle back to an HTML file
> (ie no headings etc). Also I will be replacing about 100 pages each
> night and I would like be able to store each HTML separately.
>
> What I would like to do is select all pages and write to a flat file.
> When the key changes I want the flat file name to change too.
>
> Is this possible? Is there an easier way to do this?
>
> Thanks,
> Robin

Anatolii Belomestnov <anatolii.belomestnov_at_gecapital.com>