Dynamic SQL method 4 with array process

From: dbnerd <dbnerd_at_erols.com>
Date: 1998/02/27

Hi,

Hopefully someone can answer this question.

When using PRO*C dynamic SQL method 4, the descriptor->V variable points to the address of the data buffer, descriptor->L points to the length of the data buffer. This works fine when processing single record at a time. How about if the host variable is an array? The data length for each array elements are different(null terminated string). There is only one variable to use(descriptor->L). If I specify descriptor->L equals to the element size, Oracle includes the null byte at the end of each string. I have to make sure all string array elements are padded with blanks and no null byte at the end. There must be a better way to implement this.

Can someone help?

Thanks.
Bob Received on Fri Feb 27 1998 - 00:00:00 CST