Re: Problems with Select Max on Date Field

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1998/02/27

Are you aware that your text is loading about 950 characters into variable v_sql_statement? If you don't have it defined as varchar2(1000) or larger, then that is the problem.

If I were writing the code, I would put quotes around each line and use concatenation. This would eliminate your unnecessary blank padding in the actual SQL statement.

For example:

v_sql_statement

  :='SELECT e.emp_number, e.name, p.acct_number, '