Re: Newbie PL/SQL script question?mlml

From: Joseph S. Testa <teci_at_oracle-dba.com>
Date: 1998/02/27

how about doing show errors after running the first one, so you can see the errors, my guess is you dont have select any table, so you cant see the v$ table in the first procedure.

joe

This problem has been bugging me for 1 whole day! Please can u help me with this trivial question.

If I run the below script (i am running as SYSTEM), i get this message:

Warning: Procedure created with compilation errors.

CREATE PROCEDURE myspace AS
CURSOR datafile2 IS
  SELECT name, bytes
    FROM v$datafile;
BEGIN
DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE('-----------------------------------');
END myspace;
/

If I run this script, it runs with NO 'Warning' messages

CREATE PROCEDURE myspace AS
CURSOR datafile2 IS
  SELECT 1 from dual;
BEGIN
DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE('-----------------------------------');
END myspace;
/

Whats the diff?
Obviously I am trying to get the 1st to run. I tried just run the select portion by itself in the commandline, and it works.
Where can i get a more detailed 'Warning' message?

cheers
Mike

--
   /             www.ncf.carleton.ca/~ae299        /---\  \  \ \\   \   \

--
Joseph S. Testa, Oracle Database Administrator, mailto:dba_at_oracle-dba.com
Vice-President Ohio Oracle Users Group, http://www.ooug.org