Re: Oracle-to-IDMS Access

From: Tim Taylor <ttaylor_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1998/02/26

Richard,

Have a look at the Oracle Transparent Gateway for EDA/SQL. It provides read/write access to a bunch of mainframe datastores, including VSAM, IDMS and Model 204. By using database links and synonyms your programmers don't even have to know that the data is on the mainframe. You can do distributed queries and distributed transactions with Two Phase Commit.

If you need to initiate mainframe transactions (CICS for instance) from a Forms program, then you can use the Procedural Gateway for APPC.

Check out http://www.oracle.com/gateways/html

Tim