Re: POLite always connects to my Internet provider

From: Robert Clevenger <robc_at_magicnet.net>
Date: 1998/02/26

I don't know but that's a common problem that I see on Windows 95 and Windows NT machines....

If you ONLY have a Dial-Up Adapter and NO network card in your PC then Win 95/NT try to connect when resolving addresses or something like that.

I couldn't even install MS SQL Server until I slapped a Network Card in my NT machine... (Don't flame me for the SQL Server remark, I HAD to install it to test something, I didn't want to do it...)

Best solution, but a $22 network card and save yourself the trouble, or make sure you have your DUN not set to connect as needed.

Take Care,

Robert Clevenger