Re: Problems with Oracle and Borland C++ Builder Client/Server

From: Helmut Hahn <Helmut.Hahn_at_bitoek.uni-bayreuth.de>
Date: 1998/02/25

Jeroen Teitsma wrote:

> I'm working on an database appliction under win95 with a local Oracle
> database. I'm using the latest native Borland drivers and I've set the
>
> vendor init to ORA73.DLL.
> In the Borland IDE I haven't any problems with working on the
> database.
> But when my application tries to connect to the database it raises an
> exception: Your applications is not enabled to use this driver!
> Can anbybody tell me what's going on and what I can do about it.
> All sugestions are welcome!
>
> Jeroen Teitsma

Had you the professional version of C++Builder installed before the client/server version?
I had the same problem after installing c/s over prof. Prof is not able to connect via native driver.
If yes remove all Borland stuff and install c/s new. This helped for me.

Helmut Received on Wed Feb 25 1998 - 00:00:00 CST