OO4O and ODBC performance issue

From: Kap Do Jang <kapdo_at_Glue.umd.edu>
Date: 1998/02/25

Hello, everybody..
I'm comparing the performance between OO4O and ODBC to retrieve data from oracle 7.3. First time, I expected that OO4O should be better than ODBC, but surprisingly ODBC is about 4 times faster than OO4O. My test program is just retrieve couple of thousands records and display them in a table. And the problem with OO4O is that retrieving value from dynaset field consumes most of time.
If I use OFieldCollection rather than OField to retrieve from dynaset, it improves a little, but still much slower than using ODBC. Is this usual or did I do something wrong? Any comment about this matter would be appreciated.

If anyone knows about benchmark between OO4O, ODBC, Pro*C, and Object generator in Designer/2000, I will be glad to hear. Thanks

Please send email to kapdo_at_isr.umd.edu

Regards,

Kap Jang
EFDS, PEC
kapdo_at_isr.umd.edu
(202)927-0536 Received on Wed Feb 25 1998 - 00:00:00 CST