Re: Reliability of Oracle under NT

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 1998/02/24

Stefaan De Rore wrote in message <34F294A7.5A399617_at_tvd.be>...
>We want to use Oracle under NT for a stock management application.
>The number of articles in the stock is above 15.000
>
>Is Oracle under NT a reliable and stable platform ?
>The alternative we have is Progress under NT.

I have been running Oracle on NT (from 7.1 to 8.0) at home for development for some time now and never had it crash on me (and I can do the weirdest thing when developing :-) ).

As for production OLTP, one of my clients are running Oracle 7.3 on NT (using Compaq h/w) for an OLTP application. Not too sure what the transaction volumes are, or the number of users, but as far as I know they have very little problems with Oracle on NT - except of course for NT's shitty command line language that makes scripting hell.

regards,
Billy Received on Tue Feb 24 1998 - 00:00:00 CST