Newpage problem

From: Fleet Teachout <fleet_at_cbl.umces.edu>
Date: 1998/02/24

Disclaimer: I know from zip about Oracle; however the programmers don't have time to seek small answers - so I'm it.

Using Oracle 7 SQLplus, creating a .LIS file that will be (eventually) imported into an MSAccess database. Access requires the top line of data (in our setup) to be the field names. The .LIS file invariably contains an initial blank line. Attempts to set NewPage to 0 result in an unwanted formfeed (just like the documentation explains).

Question: How do we get rid of that first blank line?

Replies to me personally or to the NG - as you see fit.

Many thanks,