Help: Connect to Oracle via MTS using ADO?

From: Thomas Köhler <TKoehler_at_SundN.de>
Date: 1998/02/24

Hi world,

sorry but I'm very confused about all the informations I found about "Connect to Oracle via MTS using ADO". It's all new stuff for me - therefore I hope that anyone can give a summary or overview what I have to do and what versions of this components (very important) I have to use.

Til now I have written a COM object in VC++ which uses the ADO 1.5 funtionality to get informations from a Oracle 7.3 database. To connect the database I use the ADO object "connection" for each database connection.

In the moment I use the following setup:

NT 4 (SP 3)
Oracle database (7.3.2.3.13)
SQL * Net (3.3.2.0.2)
Microsoft ODBC for Oracle (2.73.728303)
ADO (1.5) This works fine - but now we plan to use the MTS because we want to use the connection pool for the database connection. In the moment we have installed the MTS version 1.1. And this is the start of my questions what I have to do to use all the pros of the MTS in my situation...

I want to thank you in advance,
Tommy

Thomas Köhler, Systeme & Netzwerke GmbH Klingenderstrasse 5, D-33100 Paderborn
Tel: +49-5251-1581-29 Fax: +49-5251-1581-71 [tkoehler@sundn.de - http://www.sundn.de]

Home: TommyPB@aol.com - http://members.aol.com/GolfOWL