Re: Laser Check Printing Problem

From: Michael Nolan <nolan_at_inetnebr.com>
Date: 1998/02/24

"MIS Department" <andrew_turczynowicz_at_standardaero.ca> writes:

>I would like to be able to print a laser check on blank paper -- printing
>all Oracle data as well as signatures and bank information including the
>MICR line. As well, I need to be able to set up user security and ensure
>that we have an audit trail for all checks issued.

>Is anyone using a third-party add on to Oracle to do this?

We're not printing checks specifically, but there are several 3rd party tools that can be added on to Oracle to do forms generation. The one we chose is called FlexForm, and in their sample forms they show numerous examples of checks. We picked it because it supports a wide number of bar code formats, embedded graphics for logos, and will work with most PCL compatible laser printers. (But not all of them, we cannot print our invoices forms on our QMS laser printer.) Some of the other packages support postscript printers instead of PCL.

Someone other than me will have to answer the question of whether MICR printing done on a laser printer can be scanned by the check processing equipment at banks.

--
Mike Nolan