SQL problem: getting a query to return a set number of rows

From: Simon Mercer <sm1_at_sanger.ac.uk>
Date: 1998/02/24

Hi,

I have a simple SQL query which will always return a small number (maybe 15 rows), but I need it to consistently return 96 rows, like this

1 value value
2 value value
3 EMPTY EMPTY
4 EMPTY EMPTY
[...]
95 EMPTY EMPTY
96 EMPTY EMPTY what I do at the moment is UNION the real query with one on a table full of dummy information - but there must be a better way! Any ideas? I'd be grateful if you could copy replies to my email address below because this newsgroup gets so many mails I frequently miss the replies.

Many thanks,

Simon

--
Dr. Simon Mercer, Informatics Division, The Sanger Centre
mailto:sm1_at_sanger.ac.uk Phone: +44 1223 49 4966