Re: OO4O/VB4-16/LONG RAW question

From: Doctor Memory <tnelson(_at_)fast.net>
Date: 1998/02/24

Kevin P. Fleming wrote in message
<34E9DFEC.5E3120AE_at_access-laserpress.com>...
>You're using a very, very old version of OO4O. I'd recommend upgrading to
>2.2.3, which is the latest version for both Oracle7 and Oracle8, before
>pursuing this any further.

Well, I upgraded to OO4O 2.1 (latest version which supports 16-bit development) and instead of a "type mismatch" error I got the immensely more helpful "Field is not in correct date format" error message. Problem was, I wasn't using a date field anywhere.

What it finally boiled down to was this: I was generating an ID using a sequence. I created one dynaset to handle the data I was inserting, and a separate dynaset to handle the retrieval of the ID from the sequence. Whenever I assigned the ID to the dynaset using:

data_dynaset.fields("id").value = seq_dynaset.fields("new_id").value

I would get the error message. When I used an intermediate variable:

dim new_id as integer
new_id = seq_dynaset.fields("new_id").value data_dynaset.fields("id").value = new_id

everything worked just fine.

Hope this helps somebody else! Received on Tue Feb 24 1998 - 00:00:00 CST