VB4, Oracle, ODBC

From: Jonathan Sayce <jon.sayce_at_iname.com>
Date: 1998/02/23

The scene:

        An Oracle 7.1 db on Netware, a Win 3.11 pc, and an ODBC link from a 16-bit VB 4 app.

The problem:

        While I can insert a date into the Oracle system in the format "dd-mmm-yy", I cannot run a query on a certain date. The following query reports that there is a 'type mismatch':

        SELECT field FROM table WHERE date_field = '24-Apr-96'

The date is sent as a string, enclosed in single quotes.

If anyone can suggest how to get round this - either the correct way to query a date via ODBC to Oracle or where in the Oracle system I can find the full date syntax - I and many others will be eternally grateful.

Cheers,
Jon. Received on Mon Feb 23 1998 - 00:00:00 CST