[ORACLE 6 on VMS] Changing Node Name

From: Bob Lombard <blombard_at_spawar.navy.mil>
Date: 1998/02/23

All:
We're running ORACLE 6 on VMS. We are reconfiguring our systems and as a result need to eliminate duplicate node (machine) names.

If I rename the machine, ORACLE won't start. Put the system back to the old name, everthing works..

Any suggestions were to look ? Is this a situation where ORACLE registers a node name during installation set up and won't run if the name is changed ??

Please reply to blombard_at_spawar.navy.mil I'll summarize & post if there are enough responses to warrant..
TIA
Bob Received on Mon Feb 23 1998 - 00:00:00 CST