Oracle 8 on NT installation

From: Francis Wong <fwong_at_globalserve.net>
Date: 1998/02/21

I installed Oracle 8 enterprise edition on NT 4.0 into a standalone PC a few days ago. The installation ran successfully without any error. Then I tried to create the default database ORCL. The process still looked OK except I got two same messages in the beginning of the process. It said

cannot reach testing
Don you want to dial to a remote network. .......

'Testing' is actually the machine name of my computer except that it is in small letter. Whenever I started server manager or sqlplus from the command line, I get this message again. In addition, I can't start the listener. The log shows there is error retrurn from the Oracle Protocol Adaptor. I wonder this is because I don't install any network card. Can anyone tell me what is going on?

Thanks. Received on Sat Feb 21 1998 - 00:00:00 CST