Re: How to include the username as column in tables.

From: AMARENDRA B NETTEM <nettama_at_charlie.cns.iit.edu>
Date: 1998/02/20

Hi,
Create table table wih DEFAULT command or write a BEFORE INSERT trigger but I prefer the first one.

CREATE TABLE X
(USER_NM DEFAULT USER); Hope This Helps

AMARENDRA JOSHI SAMEER RAVINDRA wrote:

> Hi Ian,
> I have a certain table which stores some transactions.I want that
> whenever a certain user commits a certain transaction to the table the
> username must automatically get stored in it.
>
> The purpose of me doing it is that I want the DBA to come to know the user
> name if it all he had committed any error while entering the record.
>
> Awaiting your answer and thanks in advance.

AMARENDRA B NETTEM
Oracle Certified DBA (OCP)
Whittman-Hart Inc.,
311 South Wacker Drive, Suite 3500
Chicago, IL 60606.

Residence:
-----------
5039 N E River Road,
Apt. 1A
NORRIDGE, IL 60656

Ph.No. (708) 583 9870 (H)
       (312) 913 6758 (W)

 E-mail:nettama_at_charlie.cns.iit.edu,
        anettem_at_whittman-hart.com

Homepage: http://www.iit.edu/~nettama

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those
of Whittman-hart Inc.