Re: Oracle timestamps below seconds granularity

From: Brett Neumeier <random_at_interaccess.com>
Date: 1998/02/20

Rachel Carmichael (rachel.carmichael_at_citicorp.com) wrote:
: You can't display it because Oracle does not store it.... you can use
: dbms_utility.get_tine() to display hundredths of a sec since the database
: was started -- maybe in combination this will help

You can also obtain that value by querying the V$TIMER fixed table. I suggest using a combination of a DATE field and a CHAR(2) field; populate the char field with the last two digits of the HSECS column from V$TIMER. To build your timestamp, use something like (I forget your format exactly)

select

	to_char(date_field,'MM/DD/YYYY HH24:MI:SS') ||
	'.' || char_field
from
	your_table

/
--
-bn
random_at_interaccess.com	(PGP 2.6.2 public key available on request)