Re: Oracle Web app. server and security!

From: Dawn Myfanwy Cohen <dcohen_at_aramis.rutgers.edu>
Date: 1998/02/20

Casper Thrane <ct_at_infoaccess.dk> writes:

>Hi!

>I don't know if it is me that is stupid, or am I right when I think that
>it is difficult to setup security on Web App. server.

>I have created a user called www_app and created a very simple
>procedure. I have also created a DAD and a plsql-agent. Now I want to
>prompt for a user name and a password when this procedure is called.

>I have tried different things, like setting security in the WRB, but it
>only works when I user the "admin server" realm. If i create my own
>realm it doesn't prompt at all.

  1. Go to the *database authentication* page, in order to define your realm (rather than basic authentication, where the Admin Server is defined.)
  2. You may have to define some bogus group, as well, in that database authentication page.
  3. In the Cartridge Summary page for the Web Request Broker (i.e. Web Request Broker Administration), go to the protection section. (Of course, by now, you have defined a virtual path that corresponds to the appropriate PL/SQL agent.) Protect your appropriate virtual path using the Basic_Oracle scheme, and using your realm of choice, as well as any IP or Domain constraints.

Good luck!

--Dawn Received on Fri Feb 20 1998 - 00:00:00 CST