Is there an Oracle (or third party tool) that does...

From: M. D. Parker <mparker_at_intergate.prxm.com>
Date: 1998/02/19

I am attempting to find a tool to monitor the oracle database that allows tracking of individual query jobs. I'd kinda like to have the ability of examining resource usages for each of the jobs oracle being processed, able to kill them off....you know all those system administration issues that systems administrators like. It seems to me that Oracle is really another type of operating system running under the host operating system.

My limited experience with Oracle (7.x) shows me that the this is not available in what is installed. If there is an oracle package or a third party package that allows something like what I am suggesting or implying does exist, PLEASE provide me with the who what where when (why) of the things.

Many of the database tools that I have seen monitor and change basically database global parameters but do not have the finer controls that I have an urgent need for. :-(

If you can e-mail me that would really be very helpful and more desireable.

Thanks muchly....

M. D. Parker
Systems Manager
Proxima Corporation
mparker_at_prxm.com Received on Thu Feb 19 1998 - 00:00:00 CST