Re: Can you update more then one table through the view?

From: Chuck Kincy <ckincy_at_pitc.com>
Date: 1998/02/18

On Wed, 18 Feb 1998 12:11:10 -0500, "Robert Augustyn" <augustyn_at_unn.unisys.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>I am trying to update a view and I am getting errors
>saying that I can not modify more then one base table through the view
>Any solutions
>thanks in advance
>robert

That is correct...if you're on Oracle8 use an "instead of" trigger on the view, then code the update as two separate update statements inside the trigger. See the Oracle8 Server Application Developers' Guide for details.

If you're on Oracle7, use a stored procedure. Same as above.

/cpk Received on Wed Feb 18 1998 - 00:00:00 CST