Re: Can you update more then one table through the view?

From: Martin <mjones.satisdata_at_BTinternet.com>
Date: 1998/02/18

You can update views which are based on complex SQL as of Oracle v7.3 ( maybe in 7.2 also ) . There are however several conditions that apply and has lots to do with key preserved tables. In Oracle8 you can use INSTEAD OF triggers against the view in which you can decide exactly what do in the case of updates and inserts or delete through the view.

For full explanations see your Oracle Applications Developers guide manual.

Hope this points you in the right direction.

Regards
Martin Jones