Intersolv ODBC.ini entry for

From: Elf Sternberg <elf_at_halcyon.com>
Date: 1998/02/18

        Okay, so, I'm using the Intersolv ODBC driver to talk to Oracle as a prelude to running a RADIUS server. The radius server isn't the problem though. I'm trying to use the demoodbc program that comes with Intersolv and it just locks up in a busy loop. I suspect the problem is with the odbc.ini file since everything else seems to run fine. I have the ODBCINI environment set (Oh, yeah, I'm running Solaris), the IV_GLS environment is set, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and the ORACLE_HOME is up too. The SQL*Net library is properly installed; tnsping does indeed come back with a successful connect to the remote database.

        So, here's my odbc.ini file:

[ODBC Data Sources]

Oracle7=

[Oracle7]

Driver=/opt/odbc/lib/ivor712.so
Description=Oracle7
DataSourceName="TNS:bazz.world;SID=developers" ServerName=bazz.world
LogonID=foo
Password=bar

[ODBC]

Trace=1
TraceFile=/opt/odbc/odbctrace.out
TraceDll=/opt/odbc/lib/odbctrac.so
InstallDir=/opt/odbc

        This appears to be the only file that actually influences the operation of the operation of ODBC connectivity. bazz.world is indeed a real Oracle installation found by tnsping and foo/bar is indeed a working password. Any help out there?

        Thanks in advance,

                Elf

It is forbidden to laugh again               Elf M. Sternberg
We maim our joys or hide them                www.halcyon.com/elf
Horses are made of chromium steel
And little fat men shall ride them. - T.S. Eliot Received on Wed Feb 18 1998 - 00:00:00 CST