Re: PUBLIC:Re: Bulk Loading Policies

From: Mark Robbins <mark.robbins_at_ntc.nokia.com>
Date: 1998/02/18

Hi,

From my experience I agree with Eugen the account used for the insertion does not need DBA rights.

I don't know about the policy side of it but I use Perl scripts to call SQL Loader and insert the data.
The user account only has select/insert access on the table (its owned by another accoung). SQL Loader doesnt need select access (as far as I can remember) but I do for debugging purposes.

Cheers,

Mark

Eugen Nyffeler wrote:

> JAL wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> > We have Oracle 7.3.3.4 on a Unix box, Solaris 2.5.1 and we will be
> > receiving data to upload into the production database, i.e. bank
> > reconciliation tapes. The data will be initially loaded into an
> > intermediate table before going into the database. We have been told that
> > in order for clients to do this they must have DBA rights, which I can't
> > believe, to use SQL Loader.

<snip>
Did you find it more
> > advantageous to have the client do the bulk loads or is this something that
> > should be done by the DBA?
> > Thanks in advance for your answers.
> >
> > --
> > Juanita R. Alvarez