haracter with accent in Oracle between Solaris and Windows NT

From: Lionel Barets <lionel.barets_at_isr.alcatel-alsthom.fr>
Date: 1998/02/17

One application using this database is writen in Visual Basic 5.0 on NT Workstation (with Oracle Object for OLE 2.1.02.0.0A and SQL Net client 2.3.3.0.0).

Any character with accent (like e grave, e acuate ou e circumflex...) is
writen like a 'i' or a space.

Do anybody know how to read and write characters with accent from NT Client to the Unix Database?

Do we need to change parameters on the server ?

We've tried functions like OemToAnsi or AnsiToOem, but with no results!!

Thanks for help us.

Lionel.
 Lionel BARETS - Alcatel TELECOM
 Mel: Lionel.Barets_at_isr.alcatel-alsthom.fr