Date Format Mask Question (Y2000)

From: MH Clark <tsc8235_at_ccgate.hac.com>
Date: 1998/02/17

Sit-Rep:
Vax 6610 running Open VMS 6.2
Oracle RDBMS Server Release 7.1.5.2.4
Oracle Forms 3.0.16.12.10
SQL*Plus 3.1.3.5.1

I've got 800+ Forms, and I think I see a way to help make them Year 2000 compliant.
I'm trying to avoid expanding every date field (YYYY); and changing the input date mask one form at a time. (Some forms are so crowded this will involve redesign of course)

Other option is to put in calls pre-insert, pre-update yadda yadda to make sure that 08/08/04 goes in as 08/08/2004. (Very tedious)

What I hope will work:

For each of these forms the default date input mask is DD-MON-YY Could some knowledgeable Oracle Wizard tell me if there is a file to change or time during Forms install where/when you can change the default Oracle Forms Date input mask to DD-MON-RR?

If I change the default and regenerate... I think that would solve my problem? I could be totally wrong about that though.

Anyone know exactly how the RR date format will react to changing the century logical value? It works now but I don't have a test instantiation I can check for what it's going to do on Jan 1st 2000.

Posts to this newsgroup or direct email replies appreciated.

--
Nothing defines humans better than their willingness to do irrational
things in the pursuit of phenomenally unlikely payoffs.  This is the