Help: Unix slower NT?

From: Carsten Wiemann <carsten.wiemann_at_technet.net>
Date: 1998/02/16

I made several oracle instalations on WindowsNT and Unixcomputer (Sinix,

HP-UX). If I made an import (dump) on WindowsNT-servers, there I needed 15-20 minutes. On Unix I need 40-60 minutes for the same import. But later, if I ran the application, there I have the same problem...unix is

2-3 times slower then NT.
What is the solution. I can't accept this, because I think that Unix has

to be faster then NT.

Please help

Carsten Wiemann
Hattingen
Germany Received on Mon Feb 16 1998 - 00:00:00 CST