Re: CREATING VIEWS

From: L120bj <l120bj_at_aol.com>
Date: 1998/02/16

>Subject: CREATING VIEWS
>From: ascott_at_aol.com (AScott)
>Date: 2/16/98 8:00PM GMT
>
>Hi,
>
>Does anyone have the answer to the following:
>
>I have created a view based on three tables. How does one create indexes
>on the view? I have tried but failed miserably.
>

>Cheers
>
>Andy

You can't create indexes on views. However, since the actual query that ORACLE passes to the optimiser is dynamically changed to resolve the conditions of the where clause to the relevant base table sources for the view, you may find that indexes you have, or can create, on the base tables will support the access you require.
HTH
  Rob Received on Mon Feb 16 1998 - 00:00:00 CST