PO7 v.7.2.2.3.1 w/ODBC driver; support?

From: Tom McMahon <temcm_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1998/02/15

I have a copy of Personal Oracle version 7.2.2.3.1. I bought it back about two years ago, to study with an intro Oracle Class.

I noticed right away that Oracle isn't MS when it comes to availability of info and support, not to mention aftermarket publications, etc. So be it.

Well, now I'm contracting in Access, and looking for a self study route to Oracle/Access compatibility, data import/export, etc., as well as just wanting to dig in to Oracle. I have several Oracle Press Books already.

So, I have two questions:

  1. Which ODBC driver do I need from the Oracle site to make it talk to Access (7.0 or 2.0).
  2. Is the $200 dollar bronze support a good buy for me? I'm told it includes an upgrade, and of course, support. But I'm basically just a self-study guy trying to upgrade my skills, not a corporate Oracle guy by any stretch of the imagination. I'm not cheap. I just don't want to throw good money away, if not necessary.

Thanks for your tips. Received on Sun Feb 15 1998 - 00:00:00 CST